No bake key lime pie with key lime zest and graham cracker crust is a refreshing and easy-to-make dessert that is perfect for warm weather. The pie is made with a creamy filling that is tangy and sweet, with just the right amount of tartness from the key lime zest.
The graham cracker crust adds a delicious crunch and complements the filling perfectly. Since this pie is no-bake, it is a great option for those who don't want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen or who don't want to heat up their oven. It's also a great dessert to bring to a potluck or summer barbecue.
Cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, and key lime juice team up to create a creamy and flavorful no-bake dessert.
Easy No Bake Key Lime Pie Crust
This key lime pie is incredibly easy to make and it's incredibly easy when using a hand or stand mixer. This crust for this no bake treat is made with crushed graham cracker crumbs, granulated sugar, and melted butter.
TIP: Skip the graham cracker crumbs and place graham crackers in a food processor or in a Ziploc bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
Those three ingredients combine together to create a graham cracker crust that is crunchy and sweet. To make this a truly no bake dessert, freeze the crust while preparing the other ingredients instead of baking the crust in the oven for a few minutes.
If you do want your crust to be on the crunchier side, bake the prepared crust in the oven at 350° for about 7 minutes or use a store-bought prepared crust. If baking the pie crust, remove it from the oven and allow it cool while preparing the filling.
RELATED: No Bake S'MORES Rice Krispies Treats
Ingredients in No Bake Key Lime Pie
Just a few ingredients are used to create this very flavorful and delicious key lime pie. For directions on how to make this pie, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Graham cracker crumbs - these can be substituted for graham crackers that have been crushed.
- Granulated sugar
- Unsalted butter - melted
- Cream cheese - softened
- Heavy whipped cream
- Key Lime juice - if you can't find key limes, you can substitute them for regular limes as they are more readily available
- Key Lime zest
- Sweetened condensed milk - you can use the canned variety or make it homemade. This homemade sweetened condensed milk is made with just three ingredients.
- Granulated sugar
- Cool whip - for topping, use cool whip or homemade whipped topping
- Key Limes - or limes, sliced, for garnish
RELATED: Cake Mix Blueberry Muffins
How to Make No Bake Key Lime Pie
Make the Graham Cracker Crust: The first step in making this key lime pie is to prepare the graham cracker crust. To make the crust, combine the graham cracker crumbs (store-bought or homemade) and the granulated sugar.
Pour in the melted butter into the crumbs and stir so that all of the crumbs are moistened. Press the prepared crumbs into a 9-inch pie plate and use the back of a measuring cup to evenly press the crust onto the bottom and up the sides of the pie plate.
TIP: For a thinner filling and a wider pie, use a pie dish like this one. It is the one used in this post.
Prepare the Filling: Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer makes preparing the filling for this key lime pie quick. Heavy cream is beaten until stiff peaks begin to form. This will take a long time if done by hand but just a few minutes when using a stand or hand mixer.
In a separate bowl, beat the softened cream cheese until smooth and add the granulated sugar, key lime juice, and zest as well as the sweetened condensed milk. Once the ingredients are smooth, gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
Spread the prepared filling evenly into the prepared graham cracker crust and use a silicone spatula to smooth the filling.
Chill the No Bake Pie: Chill the no bake key lime pie in the refrigerator for at least two hours before removing and decorating.
Top the chilled key lime pie with cool whip and decorate with thinly sliced key limes (limes) if desired.
Delicious Pie Recipes
No-bake pies are easy to make and absolutely delicious. Check out this No Bake Strawberry Pie, it's perfect for the summer time and check out these other pie recipes. There's such to be one you will love!
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
Key Lime Pie Filling
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 OZ cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup key lime juice (can substitute for limes)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon key lime zest (can substitute for limes)
- 10 OZ sweetened condensed milk
- Cool Whip - for garnish
Prepapre the Graham Cracker Crust
- Prepare the graham cracker crust by combining the graham cracker crumbs and the granulated sugar.
- Pour in the melted butter and stir so that all of the crumbs are moistened.
- Press the crumbs evenly onto bottom of the pie dish and up the sides. The bottom of a measuring cup is great for evenly spreading the crumbs.
- Place the crust in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes before filling.
Prepare the Key Lime Filling
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks are formed.
- In a separate bowl, cream the softened cream cheese until smooth.
- Beat in the sweetened condensed milk, granulated sugar, key lime juice, and zest.
- Gently fold the heavy cream into the key lime mixture and spread the filling evenly into the prepared graham cracker crust.
- Place the pie in the refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours before topping with whipped cream and limes.
Limes are more readibly available than key limes and they make a great subsitute in key lime desserts.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 541Total Fat: 33.4gSaturated Fat: 21gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 87mgSodium: 232mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 1gSugar: 45gProtein: 8g
Nutrition calculation is a rough estimate and can vary depending on the cooking technique and the exact ingredients used. For informational purposes only.
Dana is an experienced recipe creator who crafts easy and delicious recipes for all levels of home cooks.
Her recipes range from classic comfort foods to healthy and nutritious meals, and she is always on the lookout for new and exciting ways to bring flavor and variety to the table.