A combination of delicious ingredients, these S’MORES Rice Krispie Treats are made with rice cereal, Golden Grahams, marshmallows, and milk chocolate.
Just a few ingredients made this incredibly easy dessert, and it’s great to make with kids!
Rice Krispie Treats
This recipe follows the basic recipe found on the back of the box of rice cereal but it’s tweaked to make a delicious no- bake treat.
Golden Grahams are added for the “graham” part of making S’mores and marshmallow creme provides a thin layer between the rice krispie treat and the toasted marshmallow topping.
To break the Golden Grahams, you can either add the cereal to a Ziploc bag and crush using a rolling pin.
I prefer to use my food processor for this and use the pulse function to break them up slightly. For this recipe, the cereal should only be broken into smaller pieces and not completely crushed.
This recipe is so easy to make and the kids have a great time helping to make these S’Mores Rice Krispie Treats! It’s an easy no bake dessert recipe as well!
This recipe is simple and can be done using a microwave or the stove top. I prefer to use the stove-top but it’s easy to melt the marshmallows in the microwave in intervals.
Simply melt by 20 seconds or so, stir, and repeat one more. Stir the marshmallows to break them down and add the other ingredients.
RELATED: Chewy Mint Chocolate Brownies
Ingredients in S’Mores Rice Krispie Treats
Just like the real thing, it takes just a few ingredients to make this chocolatey gooey dessert. For the ingredient list as well as the ingredient amounts check out the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Rice Krispies cereal
- Gold Grahams
- Chocolate bar
- Mini marshmallows
- Marshmallow creme
- Confectioner’s sugar
How to Make S’Mores Rice Krispies Treats
The first step to making this delicious treat is to butter a 13×9 dish so that it is easy to remove the bars from the dish. Set aside the dish for later use.
To make the Rice Krispies treats, melt the butter and the mini marshmallows in a large saucepan. Once they are melted, the Rice Krispies cereal is added as well as the crushed Golden Grahams.
Mix the ingredients together well and remove them from the heat. The other 2 ounces of mini marshmallows are added in whole and the chocolate bar is stirred in as well.
The Rice Krispies are then spread out evenly into the prepared dish.
The next step is to heat the marshmallow creme and the butter together. It is then layered evenly on top of the prepared Rice Krispies.
The remaining Golden Grahams, chocolate chocolate bar, and the mini marshmallows are then layered on top of the marshmallow creme and gently pressed into the marshmallow creme to help make it stick.
If desired, the dish is then transferred to the oven on the “broil” setting for just 3 minutes to lightly toast the marshmallows. Keep an eye on it – all ovens are differently and may toast quicker!
Remove from the heat and allow the bars to cool completely before slicing and serving. Store the S’Mores Rice Kipsies Treats in an airtight container for maximum freshness.
RELATED: Homemade Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
Slicing the Bars
Allow the S’mores treats to cool completely before slicing them into bars. Otherwise, they will be a gooey mess and the bars won’t cut neatly.
Since this is made in a 13×9 dish, you can easily get 16 large bars out of this recipe. You can adjust according to make smaller serving sizes. A little does go a long way with this sweet dessert!
- ¼ cup butter
- 4 cups rice cereal
- 2 cups Golden Grahams, broken*
- 1 cup chocolate bar, chopped
- 6 oz mini marshmallows, divided**
Marshmallow Creme Topping
- ½ cup butter
- 7 oz marshmallow creme
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- ½ cup Golden Grahams, broken*
- 1 chocolate bar, chopped
- ½ cup mini marshmallows, **
- Butter a 13x9 dish or line with parchment paper.
- In a large saucepan, melt the ¼ cup of butter and add the 4 oz of mini marshmallows.
- Mix in the 4 cups of rice cereal and the crushed Golden Grahams.
- Combine well and remove from heat.
- Mix in other 2 ozs of marshmallows (leaving whole) and stir in the chopped chocolate bar.
- Press the mixture into the prepared 13x9 dish into an even layer.
- Melt the ½ cup of butter and stir in the marshmallow creme.
- Remove from heat and stir in the confectioner's sugar.
- Spread the mixture evenly over top of the rice cereal.
- Top with remaining crushed Golden Grahams, chopped chocolate bar, and mini marshmallows.
- Set the oven to broil (if desired) and broil the dish for about 3 minutes. Until marshmallows are lightly toasted.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool for at least an hour before slicing into bars.
*Crush Golden Grahams using food processor to by adding to a Ziploc bag and crush with rolling pins. Don't crush completely, this step is meant to only break down the cereal into smaller pieces.
**This recipe uses (1) 10 oz bag of mini marshmallows.
Serving Size:1 bar
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 296Total Fat: 11.1gSaturated Fat: 6.5gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 204mgCarbohydrates: 50.4gFiber: 0.3gSugar: 33.1gProtein: 1.3g