Creamy and cheesy Instant Pot White Queso Sausage Dip made with jalapenos, mild sausage, and White American cheese. This cheese dip is perfect with tortilla chips and pretzels!
White Queso Sausage Dip
Cheese Dips are great for parties, events, and even for evening snacks with the family. This White Queso dip is great for New Years’, Game Day, and even birthday parties.
This Instant Pot White Queso is also great to serve on Taco Tuesdays! I think you’re getting where I’m going… there’s no wrong time to enjoy a delicious cheese dip!
If Sausage isn’t your thing, you can always substitute it for ground beef. You can also make this cheese dip without any meat at all.
To make this Instant Pot White Queso Cheese Dip, you’ll need 1 cup of thin liquid. This is what creates the pressure and allows the ingredients to cook.
That is why 1 cup of chicken broth is included in this recipe and can be swapped out for 1 cup of water if you wish. It will alter the flavor, however.
Ingredients in Instant Pot White Queso Dip
- Mild Sausage – can be substituted for Chorizo or ground beef
- Diced jalapeno peppers – with juices. Used straight out of the jar or blended to make smaller pieces.
- White American Cheese slices – I get mine sliced in the deli
- Taco seasoning – not a whole packet, just 1/2 a teaspoon!
- Garlic Powder
- Chicken Broth – used as the liquid while pressure cooking and adds flavor to the cheese dip
- Milk – to be mixed with the cornstarch for a slurry.
Cheese Dip in the Instant Pot
Yes, you can make cheese dip in a pressure cooker! To avoid curdling of the dairy products in this White Queso Cheese Dip, the cheese and milk is added in the end.
It’s easy to make Instant Pot White Queso Sausage dip and you don’t need a ton of ingredients to create a dip that is packed full of flavor.
There are no extra pots needed to make this cheese dip, just the inner liner! The first step in making this dip is to brown the sausage and brown it down into bits.
It’s important to deglaze the pot after browning or sautéing anything in the inner liner to avoid a burn notice.
Scrape off any bits that may be stuck on the bottom of the pot before adding in the diced jalapenos, the taco seasoning, and the garlic powder.
TIP: Use a food processor to blend the jalapenos into small bits if you want a smoother white queso dip.
It only takes 4 minutes of pressure cooking time and a quick release before it’s time to add the White American Cheese and milk slurry.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Buffalo Ranch Chicken Dip
When quick releasing, do a controlled release to avoid spurts of liquid. Refer to your pressure cooker’s operation manual for directions on how to safely do this.
Turn the Instant Pot back to saute and add the White American Cheese to the pot and stir so that the cheese will melt.
Combine the milk with the cornstarch and mix so that the cornstarch dissolves. This prevents any lumps of cornstarch from forming in the White Queso Dip.
Pour the milk mixture into the cheese dip and sauté long enough to allow the cheese sauce to thicken.
RELATED: Easy & Quick Instant Pot Taco Dip
Quick and Easy Dips
Here are some other delicious and easy dips to put together in addition to this White Queso Sausage Cheese Dip to give a variety to choose from.
If a cheese dip is what you’re looking for, this Black Bean Corn Con Queso Cheese Dip is cheesy and uses three types of cheeses. It’s thick and chunky and absolutely cheesy.
Made with cream cheese, this sausage jalapeno popper dip is made with mild or hot sausage, combined with cream cheese, jalapenos, and crushed with a panko and Parmesan topping.
Cold Dips are also great when there’s no time to heat a dip but are great as a take-and-go dip.
A delicious 6 layer dip is this Black Bean & Cojita Cheese Dip. It has 6 flavorful layers and it’s no-bake cheese dip!
- 1 lb Mild Italian Sausage*
- 1/2 cup diced jalapenos with liquid
- 1/2 tsp taco seasoning
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 3/4 lb of White American Cheese**
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Set the Instant Pot to SAUTE and add the sausage.
- Brown and break the down sausage.
- Add the chicken broth and deglaze the pot once the sausage is cooked. Press CANCEL on the Instant Pot.
- Add the taco seasoning and the garlic powder.
- Add the diced jalapenos. If you want smaller bits of jalapenos, a few quick pulses in the blender are all you need.
- Close the lid and vent.
- Set to MANUAL/PRESSURE COOK for 4 minutes.
- Carefully perform a controlled quick release to avoid spurts of liquid and steam from coming from the valve.
- Open the lid and set the Instant Pot to SAUTE.
- Add the White American Cheese to the pot and stir to melt.
- Combine the milk and cornstarch together to create a slurry.
- Add to the pot and stir to combine.
- Allow the dip to thicken and serve warm.
*Mild Italian Sausage can be substituted for chorizo or ground beef.
**White American Cheese can be found in the fresh deli section of your local supermarket.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 231Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 746mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 13g
Nutrition calculation is a rough estimate and can vary depending on the cooking technique and the exact ingredients used. For informational purposes only.