Instant Pot Taco Dip is a great party dip or snack and filled with refried beans, cheese, and other delicious flavors.
Made in a matter of minutes using a pressure cooker and served with tortilla chips.
Ingredients in Instant Pot Taco Dip
- Kidney Beans- 15 oz can
- Black Beans- 15 o. can
- Tomato Sauce - 8 oz can.
- Super sweet corn - 10 oz frozen bag
- Rotel Tomatoes- 10 oz - your preference of mild or original.
- Refried Beans - 15 oz can
- Cream Cheese -8 oz block
- Onions - 1 onion diced
- Taco Seasoning - packet or homemade
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese - 2 cups
- Water - for pressure cooking
Making Taco Dip in the Instant Pot
I used to make my taco dip using my slow cooker. It's a fantastic way to marry the flavors and it's perfect for when you're not in a rush. However, we enjoy this dip so much that sometimes we don't really want to wait.
Making Taco Dip in the Instant Pot is super quick and it's very easy. The only real work in making this Instant Pot Taco dip is dicing the onion that is added into the pot. Even though making this dip in the Instant Pot is super quick, it doesn't sacrifice any of the flavors that slow-cooking would create. It's a win-win!
When making this taco dip in a pressure cooker it's important to layer the ingredients. This will prevent a burn notice and a lot of frustration! As tempted as you may be to stir the pot, don't do it!
To layer the ingredients for this taco dip, start with the beans. Top the beans off with the taco seasoning, and then layer the refried beans on top. Next, add the water on top of the ingredients. Remember, do not stir.
Next, add the super sweet corn and the onion, followed by the tomato sauce and the Rotel tomatoes.
Close the lid and pressure cook for 7 minutes. Carefully do a quick release. Refer to your manual for directions on how to safely do this.
After opening the lid, stir the ingredients and set the Instant Pot to Sauté. Stir in the cream cheese until melted and add in the shredded cheddar cheese.
TIP: You can make your own Mexican seasoning for tacos instead of using the packaged variety for a more authentic flavor.
RELATED: Instant Pot Cowboy Beans
Other Quick and Easy Instant Pot Recipes
You can save a lot of time when using the Instant Pot for recipes and these are some of the quickest and easiest ones:
- Easy Sweet & Savory Pulled Pork - Pork Roast dry rubbed with a blend of seasonings and pressure cooked in a bed of onions and broth.
- Instant Pot Chicken & Dumplings - a southern classic, these chicken and dumplings are made in just 15 minutes of pressure cooking time but they taste as if they have been simmering on the stove for hours.
- Easy Instant Pot Taco Soup - this soup is a family favorite and it's so easy to put together.
- Instant Pot Salsa Verde Tacos - This is a dump and start recipe that has a lot of flavors. Works great with frozen chicken!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Buffalo Ranch Chicken Dip
Easy Party Dips
These dips are easy to put together and below are hot and cold options. Perfect for a movie night, potluck, or even just Taco Tuesday!
- Mexican Sour Cream Dip - Made with just a few simple ingredients. This dip is a party favorite. Also perfect for Taco Tuesday.
- Black Bean and Cojita Cheese Dip - This 6 layer dip is creamy and delicious. It's easy to make and it makes a great appetizer.
- Black Bean Corn Con Queso Dip - This recipe is a Macado's copycat recipe. It has nacho cheese dip, mozzarella and cheddar jack cheeses, black beans, and super sweet corn. It's a thick and chunky dip that packs a lot of cheese flavor.
- 15 oz kidney beans, drained
- 15 oz black beans, drained
- 10 oz supersweet corn
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 packet taco seasoning - or homemade seasoning
- 10 oz ROTEL with green chilies - your preference of mild or original
- 15 oz refried beans
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 cup water
- Add the kidney beans and the black beans to the Instant Pot.
- Top the beans with taco seasoning, either homemade or packet seasoning.
- Add the refried beans on top. Remember not to stir.
- Add the supersweet corn and the diced onion.
- Top with the tomato juice and the can of ROTEL.
- Pour in the water.
- Close the lid and set the Instant Pot to MANUAL/HIGH PRESSURE for 7 minutes.
- Carefully perform a quick release (refer to your manual for how to safely do this.)
- Set the Instant Pot to Saute and stir in the cream cheese until melted and add in the cheddar cheese.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 472Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 59mgSodium: 1006mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 12gSugar: 5gProtein: 23g
Nutrition calculation is a rough estimate and can vary depending on the cooking technique and the exact ingredients used. For informational purposes only.
Dana is an experienced recipe creator who crafts easy and delicious recipes for all levels of home cooks.
Her recipes range from classic comfort foods to healthy and nutritious meals, and she is always on the lookout for new and exciting ways to bring flavor and variety to the table.