This chicken spinach skillet manicotti is made on the stovetop. It’s stuffed with parmesan, mozzarella, and ricotta cheeses. It’s a great recipe for a date night in!
One Pan Meal
This chicken spinach skillet manicotti recipe is super easy to clean up because it’s made in just one skillet! Simply cook and dice up the chicken, then set the chicken aside to use in the cheese stuffing. Add the sauce, water, and diced tomatoes to the skillet and then the stuffed manicotti shells. It’s that simple!
Quick Chicken Spinach Skillet Manicotti Meal
After preparing this dish, it only takes about 16-20 minutes to cook the shells through on the stove. That’s much faster than boiling the shells on the stovetop and then placing the stuffed shells in the oven for 45 minutes. You still have a delicious meal and it’s ready in less than 45 minutes! I love skillet meals just for that reason, they’re so quick and you don’t miss out on any flavors!
RELATED: Quick and Easy Instant Pot Lasagna Ravioli
Ingredients in Chicken Spinach Manicotti Skillet
- Cooked chicken breast
- Pasta sauce
- Diced tomatoes
- Manicotti shells
- Parmesan cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Sppinach, chopped
- Ricotta cheese
RELATED: Spinach and Cheese Ravioli Skillet
How to Make Chicken and Spinach Manicotti
Start with precooked chicken in bite-sized pieces to make prep time for this manicotti much quicker. The pieces should be small enough to stuff into the manicotti shells.
Combine the parmesan, mozzarella, ricotta cheese, and spinach. Mix in the diced chicken.
Stuff the manicotti shells full with the chicken and cheese mixture.
In a large skillet, combine the pasta sauce, water, and the diced tomatoes.
Add the stuffed manicotti shells in one layer in the skillet.
Heat the sauce on medium heat until it comes to a boil.
Cover the skillet and cook for 8 minutes. Occasionally move the shells around to prevent them from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Cooking time can vary based on your stove.
Top the manicotti shells and pasta with parmesan and mozzarella cheeses and serve with spinach garnish.
Chicken and Spinach Skillet Manicotti
Spinach and Chicken Manicotti made in a skillet with mozzarella and parmesan cheeses.
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken breast, diced small (1 breast)
- 16-23 oz thick traditional pasta sauce
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 8 manicotti shells
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup spinach, chopped
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- parmesan cheese, to sprinkle
- mozzarella cheese, to sprinkle
- Cook chicken and dice it up into small enough pieces. Dice them small enough to stuff them into the manicotti shells.
- Mix together parmesan and mozzarella cheeses, add in the chopped spinach and ricotta cheese.
- Stir in the cooked chicken.
- Stuff the manicotti shells completely full with the cheese mixture.
- In a large skillet, mix together the pasta sauce, diced tomatoes, and the water.
- Place the shells in one layer inside the skillet.
- Heat on medium until it comes to a boil.
- Cover and cook for about 8 minutes.
- Flip the shells and cook for about another 8 minutes.
- Move around shells occasionally to prevent sticking. Adjust cooking time to ensure shells are cooked.
- Top manicotti with sprinkled parmesan and mozzarella cheeses.
- Sprinkle with chopped spinach and serve.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Saturday 12th of January 2019
Just love the mix of cheese so I have to try this