Instant Pot Peppers and Cheese Tortellini Pasta Salad is made with 3 cheese tortellini pasta and has a mixture of peppers, onions, pepperonis, and seasonings. Directions for the Instant Pot (Pressure Cooker) and the stove-top are included!
Potluck Pasta Salad
This cheese-stuffed tortellini pasta is absolutely delicious mixed with Italian seasonings, crispy red peppers, onions, and flavorful sliced pepperonis. It's a bright and colorful dish that is perfect for the Spring or Summer months.
It's perfect for cookouts, potlucks, and even as a side dish at dinner.
The seasonings make it incredibly tasty and adding extra cheese as garnish enhances the flavor and adds texture to the overall dish.
Stove Top Tortellini Pasta Salad
Making this pasta salad on the stovetop isn't only easy but it's pretty quick.
Tortellini cooks fairly quickly when boiled, roughly about 4 minutes depending on if it's frozen or fresh.
While the pasta is boiling, in a separate dish, the other ingredients are sauteing in a skillet.
The vegetables are cooked until they are crisp-tender and the seasonings are added at the end so that the flavor doesn't evaporate from the skillet.
Once the pasta is cooked, it is drained and then added to the large skillet with the spices, veggies, and pepperoni mixture.
RELATED: Instant Pot Creamy Tuscan Chicken
Instant Pot Peppers and Cheese Tortellini Pasta Salad
Pressure cookers do all the work in this recipe! Once the veggies and spices are sauteed, the tortellini and the other ingredients are added to the pot and are topped with chicken broth.
After pressure cooking for 2 minutes, the pressure is slowly released (so that it doesn't spew!). Once the pressure is released, the pasta salad is removed with a slotted spoon.
A slotted spoon is used just in case there is any leftover chicken broth in the pot.
When making this Instant Pot Peppers and Cheese Tortellini Pasta Salad, it's important to deglaze the pot by scraping any stuck-on bits that are on the bottom of the pot before adding the other ingredients and pressure cooking.
This prevents the "BURN" message and ensures your food will come to pressure.
- 16 oz 3 cheese tortellini pasta, frozen
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 cup pepperonis, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 cup chicken broth, for pressure cooker
- grated Parmesan cheese, for garnish
Instant Pot (Pressure Cooker)
- Set the pressure cooker to SAUTE and add the olive oil.
- Add the peppers, onions, and garlic to the pot and cook until the onions start to turn translucent.
- Press cancel.
- Add in the basil, oregano, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Add the sliced pepperonis, tortellini, and the chicken broth.
- Close the lid and set to MANUAL/PRESSURE COOK for 2 minutes.
- Release pressure a little at a time to prevent from liquid from spouting from the seal.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the pasta salad from the pot and garnish with Parmesan cheese when serving.
- Cook the tortellini pasta using the directions on the package.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add in the onions, peppers, and garlic.
- Cook for about 2 minutes and then add in the basil, oregano, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Add in the sliced pepperoni slices, cook for another 2 minutes and remove from heat.
- Add the cooked tortellini to the large skillet and toss the ingredients together.
- Serve with grated Parmesan cheese.
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 382Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 961mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 20g
Nutrition calculation is a rough estimate and can vary depending on the cooking technique and the exact ingredients used. For informational purposes only.
You May Also Like: