Loaded Pulled Pork Nachos pressure cooked in root beer and topped on tortilla chips, and smothered in cheese, salsa, and black beans.
Nachos for Parties
Nachos are delicious party appetizers and these loaded pulled pork nachos are definitely delicious.
They’re made with tender pulled pork made in the Instant Pot. Once the pulled pork is made, it is topped onto tortilla chips, and layered with delicious salsa, cheese, and crunchy red onions.
Instant Pot Pulled Pork
Making pulled pork couldn’t be easier than using a pressure cooker. It’s as simple as making a dry rub out of cinnamon, brown sugar, chili powder, cumin, and salt, then adding it to the pork.
Sliced onions are added to the bottom of the Instant Pot and then Root Beer (or another soda) is added as the liquid for pressurizing the pot. The chunks of pork are added on top, the lid is closed, and then the pork pressure cook for 45 minutes.
When cooking meat, it’s important to allow the pot to naturally release pressure after it is done cooking. That way, the meat stays tender and the moisture isn’t sucked out of the meet from preforming a quick release.
Shredding the pork is incredibly simple when using a hand mixer. It’s very quick using this method and it’s also a quick and easy way to add the BBQ sauce and to combine it well to the pork.
RELATED: Loaded Beef Nachos
Loaded Pulled Pork Nachos
When the pork is done, it’s time to assemble the nachos. This step is incredibly easy!
I line a baking sheet with aluminum foil so that it’s easy cleanup. I line the sheet with tortilla chips, top the chips with the prepared pulled pork, and then continue layering the other ingredients on to the sheet.
The pulled pork nachos are baked in the oven for about 12 minutes, just until the cheeses are melted.
Party and Game Day Food
Nachos are always a hit at parties where food is involved as well are other tasty appetizers and dips.
These Sweet & Sticky Chicken Wings are made with a homemade sweet and sticky sauce, cooked in the Instant Pot, and made crispy in the oven.
Black Bean and Cojita Cheese dip is a tasty party appetizer. Made with black beans, guacamole, salsa, sour cream, and Cojita cheeses. This dip is a crowd pleaser!
Loaded Pulled Pork Nachos
Pressure cooked root beer pulled pork topped on tortilla chips, and smothered in cheese, salsa, and black beans.
- 3-4 lb pork shoulder, cut into chunks
- 1 cup Root Beer, or other Soda
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 bottle BBQ sauce, of choice
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 cup black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup salsa
- Cut the pork shoulder into chunks.
- Combine the cloves of garlic, brown sugar, chili powder, salt, cumin, and cinnamon together.
- Dry rub it onto the pork.
- Add the sliced onions into the Instant Pot, followed by the cup of Root Beer.
- Place the chunks of pork shoulder into the pot and close the lid.
- Pressure Cook on MANUAL/PRESSURE COOK for 45 minutes.
- Allow the pot to naturally release pressure for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pork from the liquid and shred the meat.
- Add the BBQ sauce.
Pulled Pork Nachos
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place tortilla chips on the foil and spread the pulled pork evenly on to the tortilla chips.
- Layer with cheese, red onions, black beans, salsa, and more cheese.
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g