This sweet and salty harvest popcorn snack mix is your next must-have for fall and Halloween movies. Homemade caramel popcorn is baked and cooled before being tossed with candy corn, salty pretzels, and a variety of chocolate candies.
Ingredients in Harvest Popcorn Snack Mix
- Homemade caramel popcorn – The recipe for this caramel corn is easy to follow and doesn’t take very long to make.
- Rolos – A share size bag is perfect.
- Candy corn – I like to use the Autumn Mix that has the pumpkins as well as the caramel corns.
- Pretzel Snaps – swap these out for your favorite pretzel shape.
- M&M’s – for this recipe I used M&M Cocoa Crisp but milk chocolate, caramel, and peanut are good options as well.
How to Make Caramel Corn
It’s easy to make homemade caramel corn and it takes a small amount of hands-on time. Only five ingredients are needed to make a homemade caramel sauce that is made on the stovetop and then drizzled onto the popped popcorn.
Simply melt the butter, add the sugar and corn syrup, and then stir in the vanilla and top with the sea salt. Seriously, it’s that simple.
For the full easy to follow recipe, click here. For this harvest popcorn recipe, omit the chocolate coating!
Holiday Popcorn Snack Mixes
It’s easy to get creative with popcorn during the holidays. This Harvest Popcorn Snack Mix is great for all of Autumn but there are other versions that are more fitting for the occasion.
During the Christmas season, this White Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn is made by drizzling peppermint-flavored white chocolate onto the popcorn and topping it off with festive sprinkles.
- 10 cups Caramel Popcorn
- 10 oz Rolos
- 8 oz M&M Cocoa Crisp candies
- 11 oz Candy Corn Autumn Mix
- 2 cups Pretzel Snaps
- Prepare the caramel corn according to the directions in the link of the ingredients. Omit the chocolate coating.
- Break apart the cooled caramel corn and add to a large bowl.
- Toss together with the M&M’s, Rolos, candy corn, and the pretzels and mix it into the caramel corn.
- Store in an air tight container and eat within a week for maximum crunchiness of the popcorn.
Get creative with your harvest popcorn! I used M&M cocoa crisp candies for the color but they can easily be swapped out for a peanut, caramel, or milk chocolate candy variety.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 501Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 247mgCarbohydrates: 90gFiber: 3gSugar: 69gProtein: 4g
Nutrition calculation is a rough estimate and can vary depending on the cooking technique and the exact ingredients used. For informational purposes only.