These chewy mint chocolate brownies are made with crushed mint cookies. They are frosted with a chocolate glaze and garnished with crushed cookies.
Baking Chewy Mint Chocolate Brownies
These brownies are baked in an 8″ x 8″ pan. I always line my baking pans with parchment paper when baking brownies because it makes for super easy removal and clean-up!
Also, the brownies will have to sit for quite a while to cool completely before removing them from the pan. It makes it easier to remove them, even if you grease the pan.
After the brownie mix is ready, the crushed cookies are stirred into the mix. To easily crush the cookies you can use your food processor or blender, or, you can add the cookies to a sandwich bag and use a rolling pin to crush them inside the bag.
It’s a good idea to leave some chunks and not to crush them into a fine powder. Chunks give texture!
The convenience of the parchment paper allows the removal of the brownies to be fuss-free and they can also be removed from the pan completely to cool on a wire rack.
I allow my brownies to cool for at least 10 minutes before moving them from the baking pan, just in case they still need a little “baking” time when they are removed.
The trick is not to leave your brownies in the oven too long. Doing so causes the brownies to overbake. If you take the brownies out once the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, it avoided overbaking.
Brownies “bake” when they are cooling in the pan.
RELATED: Chewy Fudge Brownies
Easy Chocolate Frosting
This recipe for chocolate frosting is super simple. The most important part of making this chocolate frosting is to use softened butter. This makes the whole process stress-free and makes a creamy and smooth frosting.
Working with cold or chilled butter will make things a lot harder.
After the brownies are frosted, the brownies are garnished with crushed chocolate mint cookies before slicing into squares.
Chewy Mint Chocolate Brownies
These chewy chocolate brownies are made with crushed mint cookies. They are iced with a chocolate glaze and garnished with crushed cookies.
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup milk
- 8 chocolate mint cookies, crushed
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioner's sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup milk
- 5 chocolate mint cookies, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease 8x8 pan. You can also line with parchment paper.
- Beat together the unsalted butter, granulated sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Beat together the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Stir in the crushed chocolate mint cookies.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan, paying attention to spreading it evenly.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Check the center with a toothpick to check for doneness.
- Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire rack before icing.
- Beat together the softened butter and the confectioner's sugar together.
- Add in the cocoa powder, blending well.
- Beat in the vanilla extract.
- Add in the milk a little at a time. Add more milk if needed to reach the desired consistency.
- Frost the cool brownies and add the crushed chocolate mint cookies on top.
- Cut into 9 squares and store in an air tight container.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 492Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 91mgSodium: 118mgCarbohydrates: 66gFiber: 2gSugar: 53gProtein: 5g
Nutrition calculation is a rough estimate and can vary depending on the cooking technique and the exact ingredients used. For informational purposes only.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: