A quick and almost effortless treat that I like to make for my family is these hand pies. I can easily get these Blueberry Hand Pies from oven to belly in less than an hour. This recipe uses simple ingredients and is simple to make.
Making Blueberry Hand Pies
You can use a biscuit cutter to cut the circles but I used the lid of a quart mason jar. By using refrigerated pie crusts it makes the prep incredibly easy as you just roll it out and cut. It's really that simple.
While you're doing this part, mix the blueberry filling ingredients in a saucepan on very low heat and stir occasionally... the kitchen will start smelling so good by the time you're done cutting out your pie crust!
TIP: Use parchment paper for quick and easy cleanup.
Once you have heated up the blueberry filling, place a spoonful of filling into the center of each pie crust. Also, be careful not to overfill because it will leak out of the sides once you start sealing the top crusts.
Create air vents on each of the top crusts and place them on the filling. Afterward, use a fork and seal around each pie making sure to seal well. This will help keep the filling from oozing.
Before baking, use a pastry brush to spread egg white on top of each pie. Give each pie an even wash, it'll help the pies brown evenly on top. Bake for about 20 minutes or until the tops of the pies are golden.
After removing from the oven, mix together the glaze and drizzle on each of the Blueberry Hand Pies. Allow glaze to harden on pies and enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 350º
- In medium sauce pan, heat blueberry filling, cinnamon and sugar until well combined.
- Roll out refrigerated pie crusts and use biscuit cutter or the top of a quart size mason jar to cut out circles.
- Place a spoonful of filling in half of the cut out dough.
- Cut slits in the remaining circles and place on top of filling.
- Using a fork, seal edges around each mini pie.
- Brush tops with egg white and bake for approximately 20 minutes (until tops are golden brown).
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Mix together powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla until creamy.
- Drizzle on top of each mini pie and let cool.
Store in airtight container. Enjoy! https://mamaneedscake.com/recipe/blueberry-hand-pies/
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Dana is an experienced recipe creator who crafts easy and delicious recipes for all levels of home cooks.
Her recipes range from classic comfort foods to healthy and nutritious meals, and she is always on the lookout for new and exciting ways to bring flavor and variety to the table.