Air fryer zucchini fries are a healthier option versus their potato counterpart. These crispy fries are encrusted with panko crumbs, Parmesan, and a blend of flavorful seasonings.
Garlic aioli dipping sauce, yogurt, or a spicy dipping sauce are delicious options for pairing with these air-fried zucchini fries.
Ingredients in Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
These garlic Parmesan zucchini fries made in the air fryer uses simple ingredients to make.
- Large zucchini
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Panko bread crumbs
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Olive Oil
How to Make Parmesan Zucchini Fries in the Air Fryer
It takes just a few steps to make zucchini fries in the air fryer.
Preheat the air fryer- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees and set the time to 9 minutes.
Prepare the zucchini- Wash and cut the zucchini lengthwise then slice the zucchini again in half. Cut the zucchini into ½ inch thickness. Cut the fries into the same thickness for even air frying. Pat the fries dry.
Prepare the breading- In a shallow bowl, combine the panko crumbs with the grated Parmesan cheese. Stir in the garlic powder and the onion powder.
Prepare the egg wash- Lightly beat the eggs until combined in a shallow dish.
Dip the zucchini spears- Dip the zucchini spears into the egg wash and then dredge the dipped spears into the panko mixture.
RELATED: Lemon Chicken Zucchini Pasta Skillet
Prepare for air frying- Spray the basket of the air fryer (or trays) with the olive oil cooking spray.
Spray the prepared zucchini fries with olive oil and place them in the air fryer basket (or trays) in a single layer.
Air Fry the zucchini fries- Halfway through air frying, give the basket a shake. If using a model air fryer with trays, rotate.
Air fry for nine minutes and serve these air fryer zucchini fries immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.
- 1 Large Zucchini, washed and sliced
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Cooking Olive Oil Spray
- Preheat the air fryer on Air Fry to 400° and set the time to 9 minutes.
- Wash and cut the zucchini lengthwise.
- Slice the halves in half.
- Then cut into ½ inch thick strips that are 4 inches long.
- Pat the zucchini dry and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs until combined.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the panko with the Parmesan cheese.
- Mix in the garlic powder and the onion powder.
- Dip the zucchini spears into the eggs.
- Then dredge the spears into the panko mixture.
- Spray the basket of the air fryer with cooking spray.
- Spray the dredged zucchini fries with cooking spray and place them in a single layer in the air fryer basket. (Or in a single layer if using an oven-style air fryer.)
- Shake the basket half way through air frying. Or, rotate the trays if using an oven-style air fryer.
- Serve immediately.
For even air frying, cut the zucchini into the same sized spears and air fry in a single layer with space between each fry.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 207Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 98mgSodium: 348mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 9g
Nutrition calculation is a rough estimate and can vary depending on the cooking technique and the exact ingredients used. For informational purposes only.
Dana is an experienced recipe creator who crafts easy and delicious recipes for all levels of home cooks.
Her recipes range from classic comfort foods to healthy and nutritious meals, and she is always on the lookout for new and exciting ways to bring flavor and variety to the table.