Deliciously moist and juicy air fryer lemon vinegar chicken breasts marinated in a homemade blend of spices and air fried to crispy perfection.
Air Fryer Chicken
One of my favorite meals to make in my air fryer oven is chicken. It comes out so moist and juicy, and it’s so incredibly easy to make!
It also tastes just as delicious as making it on the stove, oven, or in the deep fryer, in my opinion. A big perk of making air fryer chicken is that it’s also healthier, no need for added oils and grease to make crunchy skin!
Air Fryer Lemon Vinegar Chicken Breasts
I use an Instant Pot Vortex Plus to create all of my meals, snacks, and appetizers when air frying.
It’s large enough to fit enough food to feed my whole family and clean up is a breeze in it. It also has some other wonderful features such as the rotisserie feature that I love!
To get the most flavor out of your chicken, it’s important to plan ahead. I always marinate my chicken for at least 24 hours before cooking it.
This allows the flavors to develop and mingle together to create a delicious flavor throughout the chicken.
One of my favorite chicken recipes growing up was one that my grandmother used when I was a kid. My father has made this chicken quite a few times but has always done it on the grill.
I thought I would recreate the recipe to make it in the air fryer, no grill needed! So, now I make these air fryer lemon vinegar chicken breasts quicker and fuss-free!
Air Fryer Directions
These directions will vary depending on the unit you are using to air fry. If you are using a basket air fryer, you most likely not be able to cook the chicken altogether and instead will need to air fry them in batches.
The temperatures and the times stay the same, you will just need to flip halfway through and as I said, cook the chicken breasts in batches.
If using an air fryer oven such as the Instant Pot Vortex Plus, you can easily fit four chicken breasts at once. You will still need to rotate the trays so that the chicken gets even crisping but you shouldn’t have to make the chicken in batches unless you are trying to fit more than 4-6 breasts.
Of course, this depends on size – there are some pretty large chicken pieces out there!
To make this air fryer lemon pepper chicken in the Instant Pot Vortex, the settings are as follows:
- Air Fry
- 22 minutes
- Vortex Trays
- 4 skin-on chicken breasts
- 1 cup vinegar
- 3 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 ½ tbsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- ½ cup vegetable oil, or another oil substitute
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- In a large storage bag or storage container add all of the ingredients together and allow them to marinate for at least 24 hours.
- Set the air fryer to AIR FRY, 350°, and 20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the marinade and reserve a ¼ cup of the liquid.
- Place the chicken on the air fryer trays (or in the basket).
- Rotate trays when the air fryer oven tells prompts. Otherwise, flip halfway through.
- At the halfway mark, baste the remaining marinade on the chicken breasts and discard the rest.
- Finish air frying the chicken and allow the breasts to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 293Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 27gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 3412mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
Nutrition calculation is a rough estimate and can vary depending on the cooking technique and the exact ingredients used. For informational purposes only.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Air Fried Blackberry Pies
- Air Fryer Cherry Hand Pies
- Air Fryer Popcorn Chicken (Instant Pot Vortex)
- Air Fryer French Bread Pizza (Instant Pot Vortex)