This Air Fryer French Bread Pizza is made using a loaf of French bread. It is brushed with butter and garlic mixture and topped with sauce, pepperoni, and cheese.
Homemade Air Fryer French Bread Pizza
French bread pizza is super easy to make and a family favorite in this house! It's made by using a loaf of French bread, slicing it lengthwise, and then cutting the pieces into half.
After that, the butter and garlic mixture is brushed onto the bread and placed in the air fryer for a few minutes before adding the sauce and toppings.
By brushing the butter mixture onto the bread and air frying it before placing the sauce onto the pizza prevents the pizza sauce from soaking down into the bread and making it soggy.
French bread pizza has a crunch to it and taking this step makes the bread flavorful and not soggy!
Endless Topping Ideas
For this recipe, I used pepperonis and mozzarella cheese. Here are some ideas for pizza toppings that may be enjoyable to you when making these French bread pizzas:
- Extra cheese
- Green Peppers
- Red Onions
- Black Olives
- Diced Ham
- Fresh Basil
- Many, many more options!
Instant Pot Vortex Air Fryer Settings
To make air fryer French bread pizza you will need to these accessories and settings:
- Vortex racks
- Air Fry Setting
- Temperature set to 400°
- Time Setting set to 7 minutes.
Halfway through (at about 4 minutes), it will instruct you to turn your food. Simply pull out the racks and rotate the top rack to the bottom and the bottom rack to the top. Close the door and allow it to finish cooking through.
Air Fryer French Bread Pizza
If you don’t have the Vortex Plus, the directions will be just a little different. The temperature and settings stay the same but the placement depending on if you have an oven-style or basket-style will change how many you can air fry at a time.
Don’t overcrowd your air fryer – just air fry the pizzas in batches instead!
- 1 loaf French Bread
- 1 jar pizza sauce, of choice
- ¼ cup pepperonis, quartered
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, less or more depending on preference
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup butter
- basil, optional
- In a small bowl, melt the ¼ cup butter.
- Mix in the minced garlic clove.
- Slice the loaf of French bread lengthwise and then slice in half. You will have 4 pieces.
- Brush the butter melted butter mixture onto the French bread.
- Set the air fryer to AIR FRY, 400°, and set it to 7 minutes.
- Place the sliced French bread on the trays (if using oven-type air fryer) and add once air fryer prompts.
- Once the air fryer tells you to turn the food (around the 4-minute mark) carefully remove the tray(s) and place the desired amount of sauce and toppings onto the pizza.
- Rotate the bottom tray to the top and the top to the bottom (again, for the oven-type air fryer) and place back into air fryer.
- Remove and enjoy!
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Dana is an experienced recipe creator who crafts easy and delicious recipes for all levels of home cooks.
Her recipes range from classic comfort foods to healthy and nutritious meals, and she is always on the lookout for new and exciting ways to bring flavor and variety to the table.