These Snowball Grinch Cookies have a surprise inside. Inside each of these Grinch cookies is something sweet – a chocolate Hershey’s kiss!
These snowball cookies add a pop of color to cookie trays and gift boxes by adding green food coloring to make them the color of the Grinch.
The Grinch’s heart may be two sizes too small but not for long after giving these chocolate-filled snowball cookies!
How the Grinch Stole Christmas is a well-known and loved Christmas movie and these adorable Grinch cookies will steal your hearts – They’re great for a Grinch movie night!
RELATED: Christmas Kiss Cookies
Ingredients in Snowball Grinch Cookies
- all-purpose flour
- unsalted, softened
- vanilla extract
- powdered sugar, for the dough and for rolling
- green food coloring
- Hershey kisses
How to Make Grinch Snowball Cookies
Combine the dry ingredients – In a small bowl, combine the all-purpose flour and salt.
Combine the wet ingredients – In a bowl, cream the butter and vanilla until creamy. Add the powdered sugar and beat until the ingredients are well combined.
Add the food coloring – Add 3 to 5 drops of green food coloring to get the desired shade of green.
Make the cookie dough – Slowly beat the flour mixture into the wet mix until a dough forms.
Scoop the cookie dough – Use a #40 cookie scoop or shape the dough into 1-inch balls.
Add a Hershey kiss – Flatten each ball and place a Hershey’s kiss in the center and wrap the dough around the entire Hershey kiss shaping the dough back into a ball.
Place on a cookie sheet – Place the balls two inches apart on the prepared baking sheets.
Bake – Bake for 10-11 minutes.
Cool – Cool for a few minutes until the cookies are just warm to the touch.
Roll in powdered sugar – Roll in powdered sugar and place on a rack to cool completely.
Add the candy heart sprinkle – Dab water onto the back of a heart sprinkle and gently press it into the cookies.
Allow the cookies to dry and store them in an airtight container.
Can you Freeze Snowball Cookies?
You can freeze snowball cookies with or without Hershey’s kisses in the center. These Snowball Grinch Cookies are easily made and frozen for eating at a later time. Actually, freezing the cookies will make Christmas baking time less hectic!
To freeze these Snowball Grinch Cookies, allow the cookies to cool completely and place them in a freezer bag. For extra protection from freezer burn, place the sealed bag in a freezer-safe container for an extra layer of protection.
When ready to put together the cookie trays or platters, allow the cookies to sit and reach room temperature before serving.
I personally like to put these cookies in the microwave for just a few seconds so the kiss on the inside of the cookie warms up and softens.
- 1 cup butter unsalted, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3-5 drops green food coloring
- 24 chocolate Hershey kisses
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar, for rolling
- 24 small red heart sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the all-purpose flour and salt.
- In a bowl, cream the butter and vanilla until creamy.
- Add the powdered sugar and beat until the ingredients are well combined.
- Add 3 to 5 drops of green food coloring to get the desired shade of green.
- Slowly beat the flour mixture into the wet mix until a dough forms.
- Use a #40 cookie scoop or shape the dough into 1-inch balls.
- Flatten each ball and place a Hershey kiss in the center and wrap the dough around the entire Hershey kiss shaping the dough back into a ball.
- Place the balls two inches apart on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes.
- Cool for a few minutes until the cookies are just warm to the touch.
- Roll in powdered sugar and place on a rack to cool completely.
- Dab water on the back of the heart sprinkles and gently press on top of each cookie.
- Allow to dry and store in an airtight container.
These cookies can be frozen for up to 3 months.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 171Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 52mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 2g
Nutrition calculation is a rough estimate and can vary depending on the cooking technique and the exact ingredients used. For informational purposes only.