These peanut butter Christmas Kiss Cookies are rolled in red and green sanding sugar to make them extra festive for the holiday season. Nestled in the center of each peanut butter cookie is a milk chocolate star candy.
Ingredients in Peanut Butter Christmas Kiss Cookies
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Creamy peanut butter
- Granulated sugar
- Light brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Milk Chocolate Stars (8-ounce bag)
- Red sanding sugar
- Green sanding sugar
RELATED: Christmas Crinkle Kiss Cookies
How to Make Christmas Star Cookies
It's easy and fun to make these Christmas Kiss Cookies and they're enjoyable cookies to make with children. You can swap out the green and red sanding sugar for a color of your choice or just use granulated sugar to roll the cookie dough in.
Prepare the oven and cookie sheets - Preheat the oven and line cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
Combine the wet ingredients - Cream the unsalted butter until smooth in a large bowl. Beat in the creamy peanut butter as well as the granulated and brown sugars and beat until smooth.
Beat in the egg, tablespoon of milk, and vanilla extract.
Combine the dry ingredients - In a medium bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt.
Make the cookie dough - Combine the dry ingredients with the peanut butter mixture until the dough forms into a soft dough.
Roll in sanding sugar - Pour about a quarter cup (roughly) of red sanding sugar on a plate. Repeat the process with the green sanding sugar. Roll the cookie dough into 1-inch balls and then roll each ball into either the red or green sanding sugar.
Place on a cookie sheet - Place the cookie dough rolled in the sanding sugar onto the parchment paper-lined cookie sheets 2 inches apart.
Bake - Bake the cookie dough one cookie sheet at a time for 9 to 11 minutes.
Add chocolate - When the cookies are hot out of the oven, gently press a milk chocolate star into the center of each cookie.
Cool - Allow the cookies to cool completely before storing them. This will allow the chocolate to firm back up and keep the chocolate's star shape.
RELATED: Reindeer Christmas Brownies
Can you Freeze Christmas Star Cookies?
Yes, you can freeze these peanut butter Christmas kiss cookies.
Freeze the cookie dough - The cookie dough can be frozen easily by shaping the cookie dough into balls and freezing them in a freezer-safe bag.
When ready to bake, preheat the oven, set the frozen cookie dough out on the counter, and roll in either sanding sugar or granulated sugar before baking. Bake according to directions and press a chocolate candy into the center of the cookies right out of the oven.
Freeze the baked cookies - If you wish to freeze the already baked cookies, once the cookies are baked allow them to cool. Once cooled, place the cookies in a freezer-safe bag layering the cookies between parchment paper.
Whether the cookie dough or baked cookies are being stored in the freezer, they will last for 3 months when stored properly.
TIP: Parchment paper will prevent them from sticking to one another.
Can you use other candy for the center of the peanut butter cookies?
If you can't seem to find the milk chocolate stars, you can easily swap them out for chocolate kisses or a different chocolate candy of your choice.
RELATED: Soft & Chewy Gingersnap Cookies
- 1 stick unsalted butter, (½ cup) at room temperature
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces milk chocolate stars
- red sanding sugar, for rolling
- green sanding sugar, for rolling
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream the unsalted butter until smooth in a large bowl.
- Beat in the creamy peanut butter as well as the granulated and brown sugars and beat until smooth.
- Beat in the egg, tablespoon of milk, and vanilla extract.
- In a medium bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the peanut butter mixture until the dough forms a soft dough.
- Pour about a quarter cup of red sanding sugar on a plate. Repeat the process with the green sanding sugar.
- Roll the cookie dough into 1-inch balls and then roll each ball into either the red or green sanding sugar.
- Bake the cookie dough one cookie sheet at a time for 9 to 11 minutes.
- When the cookies are hot out of the oven, gently press a milk chocolate star into the center of each cookie.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely before storing them. This will allow the chocolate to firm back up and keep the chocolate's star shape.
Cookie dough can be frozen for 3 months
Baked cookies can be frozen for 3 months - layer with parchment paper in freezer safe bag
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 101Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 89mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 2g
Nutrition calculation is a rough estimate and can vary depending on the cooking technique and the exact ingredients used. For informational purposes only.