This Santa Fe Chicken Casserole has directions for the oven and the Instant Pot Vortex. This casserole is made with Monterey Jack and Mozzarella cheeses, as well as bell peppers, onions, and garlic.
Santa Fe Chicken Instant Pot Vortex Recipe
This Santa Fe Chicken Casserole is incredibly easy to make! It used already cooked diced chicken which is great when you have leftover chicken breasts and everything is added to the pot that the noodles were boiled in.
The heat from the boiled noodles helps melt the cheese and mingle the flavors and ingredients together.
After adding all of the ingredients into the pot with the noodles, everything is stirred until the cheeses are melted and spices are well incorporated. Once that is done, everything is poured into a greased 8×8 baking dish and heated in the oven.
There are directions for the Instant Pot Vortex in this recipe which is an appliance that I love to cook with.
It preheats super quick, it’s easy to use, and it doesn’t heat up my chicken which is perfect for during the summertime! It also is an easy appliance to clean which makes it a go-to in my book!
Santa Fe Chicken Casserole Made in the Oven
This casserole can be made in the oven as well. Still simple to do but the baking time and the baking temperature is increased. The baking temperature is increased to 375° and the baking time is set to 25 minutes instead of 12 minutes.
Instant Pot Chicken
If you don’t have any cooked chicken on hand and want to make this casserole (or anything thing with cooked chicken) you can cook your chicken in the Instant Pot if you have one.
Simply add the chicken breasts to the Instant Pot with a cup of water and cook on MANUAL/PRESSURE COOK for 6 minutes (per pound).
You can either dice the chicken before or after and you can even put frozen chicken breasts in the Instant Pot. Cooking time stays the same but it takes a little longer to reach pressure.
- 2 cups chicken breast, diced
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 onion, small, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- ½ cup corn
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, sliced
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 ½ cups rotini noodles, uncooked
- Cook rotini noodles by using the directions on the package.
- Drain the water and place back on the stove.
- Reduce the heat to low.
- Add in the cheeses and allow to melt, stirring frequently.
- Add in the butter, milk, chicken broth, and diced chicken.
- Stir the spices into the mixture as well as the peppers, corn, onion, and garlic.
- Sprinkle the top of the casserole with mozzarella cheese.
- Pour into a greased 8x8 casserole dish and cover with aluminum foil.
Instant Pot Vortex Directions
- Set the Vortex settings to BAKE, 360°, and 12 minutes.
- Wait for the Vortex to say "Add Food" and place the casserole dish onto the bottom tray.
- For the last few minutes, remove the aluminum foil and finish baking.
- Preheat the oven to 375°
- Place the casserole dish covered with aluminum foil into the oven and cook for about 25 minutes.
- Remove the aluminum foil from the casserole dish for the last 5 minutes.
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 609Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 156mgSodium: 907mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 47g
Nutrition calculation is a rough estimate and can vary depending on the cooking technique and the exact ingredients used. For informational purposes only.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: