Instant Pot Beef Broccoli and rice meal made in the Instant Pot and ready in under 30 minutes. Quick and delicious and made all at the same time.
Pressure Cooker Pot in Pot
There a lot of Instant Pot beef broccoli recipes out there but this one uses the pot in pot method. That way, your rice, and your beef cooks together perfectly and reduces the amount of time it takes from start to finish.
The trick to doing this is to use thinly sliced beef for this recipe. That way, the beef cooks quicker and it will be done at the same time as the rice.
To do the pot in pot method, it’s important to use pressure safe inserts in our pressure cooker. Stainless steel is pressure safe but using ceramic and glass is not.
Stack and Cook inserts are great to use inside your pots pressure cooker but if you have stainless steel bowls on hand, those can easily be used instead. As long as you have at least a 1/2″ clearance on all the sides of the pot after inserting the stainless steel bowl, you’re good to go.
RELATED: Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Bowl
Instant Pot Rice
I prefer to use jamsine rice when using my Instant Pot because jasmine rice has always come out perfectly! This rice is made using a 1:1 ratio. That means, if you’re making 1 cup of rice then 1 cup of water will be added.
Instant Pot Beef Broccoli and Rice
This recipe for beef, broccoli, and rice made in the Instant Pot is ready in less than 30 minutes. The sauce is made from scratch and comes together with just a few ingredients.
The ingredients used to make this meal are made up of pantry friendly ingredients and they’re easy to put together.
The beef is marinated in the sauce mixture before being added to the Instant Pot.
RELATED: Instant Pot Garlic Sesame Beef & Rice
To make this Instant Pot meal, the thinly sliced beef and seasoned beef is sauteed in olive oil in the Instant Pot until lightly browned. The pot is then deglazed and 2/3 cup of water is added to the pot.
The jasmine rice and water is then added to the Instant Pot on top of the beef and the lid is closed. The pressure cooker is set to only 5 minutes with 10 minutes of natural release time.
A cornstarch slurry is then created to thicken the sauce.
During the pressure cooking time, the broccoli is made by either using package directions or steaming fresh broccoli on the stovetop. Serve this instant pot beef, broccoli, and rice with toasted sesame seeds.
Ingredients in Instant Pot Beef Broccoli and Rice
- Beef flank – thinly sliced is best for quick pressure cooking time
- Soy sauce – reduced sodium
- Brown sugar
- Seasonings – Garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes
- Vegetables – garlic and broccoli
- Olive Oil
- Sesame Seeds
- Jasmine Rice
Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli
Instant pot beef, broccoli, and rice meal made in the Instant Pot and ready in under 30 minutes. Beef and rice cooked at the same time!
- 1 lb thinly sliced beef flank
- ⅓ cup soy sauce, reduced sodium
- ⅔ cup water
- 2 tbsp brown sugar, packed
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 4 cups broccoli
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- sesame seeds, toasted, for garnish
- 1 cup jasmine rice, rinsed
- 1 cup water
- Thinly slice the flank steak and combine it with the soy sauce, brown sugar, cloves of garlic, ground ginger, and the red pepper flakes.
- Set the Instant Pot to Saute and add the olive oil.
- Saute the thinly sliced beef for about 2 minutes and press cancel on the Instant Pot.
- Deglaze the pot by adding the ⅔ cup of water and scraping the bottom of the pot.
- In an instant pot safe insert, combine the rice and water and place the insert into the pot.
- Close the lid and set the Instant Pot to 5 minutes.
- Prepare the broccoli according to package or steam fresh broccoli on the stovetop.
- Allow a natural release of 10 minutes before removing the lid.
- Remove the insert with the rice and set the Instant Pot to saute.
- In a small bowl, combine the 2 tbsp of water and the 2 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Add the cornstarch slurry to the pot and saute for about 1 to 2 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken.
- Add inthe broccoli and serve with rice.
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 993Total Fat: 39.9gSaturated Fat: 16.5gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 240mgSodium: 864mgCarbohydrates: 53.3gFiber: 4.8gSugar: 6.4gProtein: 99.8g
Monday 30th of March 2020
I'm grateful for my pressure cooker, but have not tried making beef flank steak in it yet. This looks simple and delicioius.