Instant Pot BBQ beef brisket dry rubbed and cooked in the pressure cooker and smothered with barbecue sauce. Great to serve as pulled brisket sandwiches.
Instant Pot BBQ Beef Brisket
It's simple to make beef brisket in the Instant Pot. Just as you would make a brisket in the oven or smoker, the brisket gets a dry rub of delicious spices. The spices for this dry rub include chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, and dry mustard.
The liquids in the Instant Pot are beef broth a just a few drops of liquid smoke. The liquid smokes give the brisket a smoky flavor.
Even after cooking this brisket in the pressure cooker for under an hour and a half, it tastes like it had been slow-cooked for hours! The flavors of natural hickory are added to the brisket by using liquid smoke.
BBQ Beef Brisket
We enjoy brown sugar and hickory flavors as the barbecue sauce of choice in our home. Of course, you can use your barbecue sauce of choice. Whether you want your brisket spicy on the sweet side, you can achieve it by choosing the right barbecue sauce.
After dry rubbing the brisket, it's best to allow the meat to marinate overnight. You can skip this step completely if you want to.
When using my Instant pot I tend to be in the need of a quick dinner and not necessarily patient enough to marinate overnight. The choice is yours - marinate or not, it will still be flavorful.
By marinating the Instant Pot BBQ beef brisket it does give time for the salt to penetrate the meat and tenderize it. Even one hour of allowing the salt to penetrate the meat will make a big difference in texture.
Pressure Cooking Beef Brisket
It's simple to make beef brisket in the pressure cooker and there are only a few steps to start. Once the brisket is dry-rubbed, add the beef broth and liquid smoke to the bottom of the pot and then lay the beef brisket directly on top of the liquids.
No need for a trivet! If, however, you prefer to use a trivet, feel free to do so. I prefer the brisket to sit in the liquid when pressure cooking.
Beef Brisket Sandwiches
Beef Brisket makes delicious sandwiches. Once the brisket has time to rest, remove the layer of fat that is on the underside.
Once that is done, you cause a set of forks to shred the brisket or use a set of meal claws to shred the beef easily. To make this even easier, you can use a hand mixer to shred the beef. That is how I do it and it makes shredding meat a breeze!
- In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, sugar, and dry mustard.
- Trim enough fat from the brisket to a leave ¼" of fat.
- Rub the spices onto the brisket, cover and marinate overnight. (You can skip the marinating time.)
- Add the beef broth and liquid smoke to the Instant Pot.
- Gently lay the dry-rubbed beef brisket inside the Instant Pot and close the lid.
- Set the timer to 70 minutes and allow the pot to naturally release for 15 minutes.
- Release any additional pressure after the 15 minutes is up and carefully open the lid.
- Use two spatulas to carefully remove the brisket from the Instant Pot and lay on a lined cookie sheet.
- Spread the desired amount of BBQ sauce on the brisket and allow the meat to rest.
- Slice and serve or shred and serve on sandwiches.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 522Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 180mgSodium: 2044mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 50g
Nutrition calculation is a rough estimate and can vary depending on the cooking technique and the exact ingredients used. For informational purposes only.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Dana is an experienced recipe creator who crafts easy and delicious recipes for all levels of home cooks.
Her recipes range from classic comfort foods to healthy and nutritious meals, and she is always on the lookout for new and exciting ways to bring flavor and variety to the table.