Frankenstein Halloween Brownies – “stitched” together with an assortment of candies and cookies.
These Halloween brownies are perfect for parties or class treats! Have fun making your own “Frankenstein’s Monster.”
These brownies are like the ones that used to be served for school lunches with a twist! The frosting is made with half & half giving it a smooth and creamy texture and taste.
Decorating these brownies is green decorating icing, although you can use any color you wish or make your own!
These brownies have a more “cake-like” texture, if a fudgy texture is desired, these chewy fudge brownies will work just as great when creating your own Frankenstein’s Monster!
These Frankenstein brownies are “stitched” together and then candies are sectioned off to create a brownie with different flavors and textures!
A 9×13 pan easily makes 9 large brownies. The large pieces make it easy to draw the lines and decorate but they can be made smaller to suit your preference.
RELATED: Sweet & Salty Halloween Snack Mix
These brownies are fun to make for class parties or Halloween parties at home. Kids love to get creative and make their own, simply do the “stitching” if there are little ones decorating and they’ll have a lot of fun!
They’ll love getting creative with their brownies and choosing their favorite toppings! A muffin tin is a great way to keep toppings separated and using spoons is almost mess-free.
Frankenstein Brownies Toppings
It’s time to get creative when making these brownies! From chocolate candies to gummy worms, you can create your own Frankenstein’s monster brownie. Sprinkles are a great topping as well as crushed cookies and mini chocolate chips.
- Halloween Sprinkles
- Chocolate coated candies
- White chocolate chips
- Mint chocolate chips
- Chocolate covered sunflower seeds
- Crushed cookies
- Many, many, more toppings – get creative!
Halloween Frankenstein Brownies - "stitched" together with an assortment of candies and cookies. Perfect for Halloween parties or class treats! Have fun making your own "Frankenstein's Monster."
- 1 cup butter, unsalted, melted
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs, room temp
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup half & half
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 3 ½ cups confectioner's sugar
- crushed cookies
- M&M Candies
- mini chocolate chips, any color, flavor
- Halloween sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350° grease, and lin a 9x13 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan melt the 1 cup of unsalted butter and add in the cocoa powder.
- Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, blend together the sugars with the eggs.
- Add the melted butter mixture to the bowl and blend well.
- Add in the vanilla extract followed by the flour - careful not to overbeat.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Check with a toothpick, if it comes out clean then the brownies are done. Don't overbake.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely before frosting.
- In a small saucepan, melt the ¼ cup of butter with the cocoa powder.
- Once the cocoa is broken down, add the half & half.
- Remove from heat and add in the confectioner's sugar and blend until smooth.
- If necessary, place the saucepan back on the burner and heat until smooth.
- Allow the frosting to cool completely before frosting brownies.
- Frost completely cool brownies with cool frosting and slice into bars.
- Decorate with icing and candies.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g