This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #UnforgettableRice #CollectiveBias
This flavorful salad is made up of juicy diced chicken, dried cranberries, tart apples, and RiceSelect® Arborio rice.
Arborio rice is most often used in risotto or rice pudding recipes, but this Italian rice is perfect for unforgettable burrito bowls and salads. This medium-grain rice is plump and tender, making it a perfect match with ingredients that have a crunch.
Arborio Rice has a mistaken identity of being hard to make. If fact, it’s pretty easy to make leaving plenty of time to cook up something creative that will leave the family begging for more. It’s also not just for special occasions or events, it also makes great rice for meal prep.
RiceSelect Arborio Rice is also free from artificial ingredients, preservatives, and it’s Non-GMO. It’s also easy to find RiceSelect Arborio Rice at Walmart – it’s the rice in the plastic container.
RiceSelect Arborio Rice is also available online! Right now, there’s an Ibotta offer for $1.00 off RiceSelect.
You can also click through the photo below to find out more about RiceSelect Arborio Rice and RiceSelect® Couscous. It’s also a great way to make this salad!
Chicken Cranberry Apple Rice Salad
It’s incredibly easy to make this salad and takes very little prep time. To make this recipe even easier, use pre-cooked chicken that has been warmed up in a skillet.
Making the rice for this dish is different than making traditional risotto rice. There’s no need to stir and stir to get the creamy consistency that this rice is known for. Instead, this rice is added to chicken broth and boiled for 13 minutes before removing from the burner. No babysitting, just let it boil!
While the arborio rice is boiling, the next steps are near effortless. Heat a small skillet with 1 tbsp of butter and add a half cup of crushed walnuts and stir occasionally to get an even toasting on all sides. Remove from heat and allow them to cool.
Next, it’s time to dice up the apples. This recipe tastes best with tart apples such as Jonagold, Pink Lady, McIntosh apples, and Cortland Apples. Dice up one apple and set it aside.
The next effortless step is to pour out a half cup of dried cranberries.
Assembling the Bowls
After the rice is done cooking, fluff with a fork, divide the rice into four bowls or 4 containers if meal prepping.
Divide the chicken up equally between all four bowls or containers, and equally divide the toasted walnuts, apples, and dried cranberries.
- 1 cup RiceSelect Arborio Rice
- 3 cups chicken broth, low sodium
- 1 cup diced chicken, cooked
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped, toasted
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup tart apples, diced
- 1 tbsp butter
- Bring the 3 cups of chicken broth to a boil and add in the arborio rice.
- Stir the rice once and allow it to boil for 13 minutes.
- During this time, dice up the chicken breast and dice up the tart apples.
- In a small skillet, heat the 1 tbsp of butter and add the chopped walnuts.
- Toast the walnuts on all sides, allow them to saute for about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Once the rice is done, fluff with a fork and divide among 4 bowls or add to 4 containers.
- Divide the diced chicken, toasted walnuts, dried cranberries, and diced apples.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g