These gooey homemade maple cinnamon rolls are made from scratch and with real maple syrup.
Topping these cinnamon buns is a creamy and smooth maple flavored icing.
The first step in using yeast to make sure that it is still alive. Using expired yeast will result in dough not rising.
A quick and easy way to make sure that the yeast is active is by adding the warm milk and the sugar to activate the yeast. Make sure the milk is not too warm, your goal is to reach 110°F.
Once it gets frothy it is time to start adding the other ingredients.
Before making these maple cinnamon rolls ensure that you have active yeast!
Proofing dough is an important step in creating successful bread products including cinnamon rolls.
Once the ingredients are well combined and the dough has been kneaded, it's then time to cover the bread in a greased bowl and set it in a warm place and allow it to rise for 1 hour.
In that one hour, the dough will double in size and then it will be time to roll the maple cinnamon roll dough out and proceed to the next step.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Lemon Yogurt Bread
PROOFING THE DOUGH IN THE PRESSURE COOKER!
Pressure cookers aren’t just for pressure cooking food! They also work to speed up the process of proofing dough! I put my dough onto parchment paper, place it down in the pot on the trivet and place a plate on top of the pot.
I press my yogurt button and set it 30 minutes. Voila!
The dough for these maple cinnamon rolls has proofed in half the time the traditional way! It’s also a great way to proof dough if your house is cool and drafty.
RELATED: Honey Cinnamon Rolls
Once the dough has been proofed, it's then rolled out into a long rectangular shape. The filling is then spread evenly over the dough while leaving an inch around the dough bare.
It's then rolled starting at the shortest side and rolled completely up.
It's then sliced into 12 rolls and placed into a greased 13x9 baking dish.
It is then covered and allow to rise for another 30 minutes before placing the maple cinnamon rolls n the oven.
Maple Cinnamon Rolls
- ⅔ cup milk, warm
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 pkg active dry yeast
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
Maple Cinnamon Filling
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoon unsalted butter, cold
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the dry yeast, warmed milk (110° temp), and sugar.
- Allow the yeast to become foamy.
- Add in the maple syrup, butter, egg, and salt.
- Gradually add in the flour and knead until well combined.
- Knead until the flour is well incorporated and is slightly sticky.
- Transfer the dough into a greased bowl and cover. Allow to rise for 1 hour for the dough to double in size.
- In a small bowl, combine the cold sliced butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and the 2 tablespoon of flour together.
- After 1 hour, punch down the dough and knead before rolling the dough in a long rectangular shape. (If the dough is too sticky, you can use a small amount of cornstarch or flour to prevent it from sticking.)
- After rolling into a rectangular shape, spoon the filling onto the dough, spreading it out to about an inch from all sides.
- Starting from the shortest side, roll the dough tightly and until completely rolled.
- Use floss to slice the rolled dough into 12 slices.
- Place the sliced rolls into a greased 13x9 baking dish.
- Cover and rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the tops are lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before icing.
Prepare Maple Icing
- Combine the confectioner's sugar, maple syrup, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Drizzle on top of the warm cinnamon rolls and serve.
Serving Size:1 Roll
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 337Total Fat: 11.3gSaturated Fat: 6.8gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 236mgCarbohydrates: 55.5gFiber: 1.4gSugar: 29.5gProtein: 4.5g
Dana is an experienced recipe creator who crafts easy and delicious recipes for all levels of home cooks.
Her recipes range from classic comfort foods to healthy and nutritious meals, and she is always on the lookout for new and exciting ways to bring flavor and variety to the table.