This recipe for Instant Pot Summer Chili is filled with vegetables readily available in the Summer months. This chili isn’t heavy like your typical Fall and Winter Chili – this recipe is made with fresh veggies making it a light but flavorful meal.
Whether you have a garden at home, buy from your local farmer’s market, or at your local grocery store – there’s always an abundance of zucchini (summer squash, sweet bell peppers, and sweet corn! This summer chili is full of delicious and fresh vegetables, perfect for using up some of the abundance of produce available during the summertime!
Instant Pot Summer Chili
This Instant Pot summer chili is made in the Instant Pot is easy enough to make but using lean ground beef makes this recipe even easier!
By using lean beef, there is no need to drain any grease after cooking the ground beef. If you what to use beef that is not lean, simply drain the grease after sauteing the meat, and always after using the SAUTE feature, deglaze the pot and remove any bits of food that is stuck to the pot before pressure cooking. This should eliminate the possibility of receiving a “burn” notice while pressure cooking.
Instant Pot Dump and Start Meal
This recipe is so simple to make and it takes very little time under pressure! I always chop up my veggies while browning my beef (I use lean ground beef so I don’t have to drain) to get dinner on the table even quicker. You can even make this meal ahead of time by chopping up your veggies, draining and rinsing the beans, and by adding the spices into your freezer bag.
Simply shape the bag that would fit inside your inner liner and freeze. On the day of preparation, add the other ingredients and the cooking time stays the same!
*It will take a little longer than normal for the pot to come to pressure when using frozen ingredients. Either way, this is a quick meal!
- 1 lb beef*
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 orange pepper, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 jalapeno, seeded, diced
- 2 zucchini, small, chopped
- 1 can fire roasted tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can black beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp thyme
- 1 tsp paprika
- lime zest
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup corn kernels, sweet
- Shredded cheese, for serving
- cilantro, garnish
- Set Instant Pot or pressure cooker to SAUTE and brown ground beef.
- Deglaze Pot.
- Layer the peppers, zucchini, and onions on top of the beef.
- Top with the cumin, chili powder, garlic, paprika, thyme, and lime zest.
- Top with the beans.
- Pour in the chicken broth and top with the tomatoes. Do Not Stir!
- Close the lid and set to MANUAL/PRESSURE COOK for 4 minutes.
- Allow a 10 minute pressure release.
- Set the pressure cooker to SAUTE and add in the corn kernels, cook for about 3 minutes.
*By using lean ground beef, it eliminates the need to drain any fat after sauteing in the pot - making this recipe even easier!
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 284Total Fat: 6.2gSaturated Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 480mgCarbohydrates: 27.1gFiber: 6.7gSugar: 5.3gProtein: 31.1g
You May Also Like:
- Instant Pot Italian-Style Pot Roast Sandwiches
- Instant Pot Homemade Sloppy Joes
- Easy Instant Pot Taco Soup