This flavorful and easy-to-make Instant Pot Soy Sauce Chicken is made in the Instant Pot and is ready in less than 30 minutes.
Instant Pot Soy Sauce Chicken - Quick Dinner Idea
Cutting the chicken into bite-sized pieces and preparing this meal in the Instant Pot takes less than 30 minutes to cook. It only cooks for 4 minutes on the Manual setting. The chicken comes out moist, flavorful, and tender. Making white rice and a side of steamed broccoli completes this meal and takes very little time at all!
Light or Dark Soy Sauce
For this recipe, I used what I had on hand - light soy sauce. If you want your chicken to come out more rich in flavor, then switch out the light soy sauce for dark soy sauce. I personally prefer the flavoring of the light soy sauce but you can make it either way!
Chicken Breast Vs. Chicken Thighs
In this recipe, I used bite-sized chicken breasts. If you prefer, you can use chicken thighs if you would like. Dark meat does tend to be more tender than chicken breasts. This Instant Pot recipe creates juicy and tender bite-sized chicken that are really flavorful.
- 1 lb chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon oil, for sauteing
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- green onions, diced, for garnish
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoon ginger
- 1 garlic clove
- ¼ cup water
- Crack 1 egg into a large bowl and beat.
- Stir the chicken into the bowl with the egg and add in the 3 tablespoon of cornstarch, ½ tsp pepper, and 3 tablespoon soy sauce. Coat well.
- Set Instant Pot to SAUTE and wait for it to read, "HOT."
- Pour in the 2 tablespoon of oil and add in bite-sized chicken pieces and mixture. (Complete this in 2 batches.)
- Brown all sides of the chicken.
- Press Cancel.
- Deglaze pot by scraping the bottom of the pot until nothing is stuck to it.
- Add in the Sauce Ingredients: ¼ cup of soy sauce, 2 tablespoon of sesame oil, 2 tablespoon of brown sugar, 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar, 1 ½ tsp ginger, 1 garlic clove, and the ¼ cup of water.
- Close the lid on the Instant Pot and set it to MANUAL for 4 minutes.
- Do a quick release (QR) and stir.
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and garnish with green onions.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: