This easy blueberry french toast is made in the Instant Pot and makes for a deliciously easy breakfast!
Breakfast in the Instant Pot
The Instant Pot can be used for a lot of different recipes and it sure is convenient when you're short on time or too busy to worry about making a meal on the stove. It's also great for breakfast because it's so easy to add all of the ingredients together and let the Instant Pot do the work! It has very little hands-on time and there's no waiting for pressure to release!
Related: Instant Pot Blueberry Cheesecake
Accessories Needed to Make the Blueberry French Toast
You will need three accessories to make this recipe:
In this recipe, to make things super simple, I used blueberry pie filling as one of the ingredients. If you would rather make your own blueberry compote, you can definitely do that!
To make the blueberry compote you will need:
- 1 cup of blueberries, fresh or frozen
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
You will need to divide the mixture in half so that ½ goes into the bread mixture and the other half goes on top of the french toast when it comes out of the pressure cooker.
You can also use a 7" Bundt Pan to make this recipe! Simply make it the same way, grease the bundt pan, and the mixture to the pan. The cook time is still the same with a quick release (QR). After it's done, carefully invert onto a plate and top with the remaining blueberry topping.
- Crack and beat the 4 eggs in a large bowl.
- Cut the french bread loaf into bite-sized pieces and add to the egg mixture.
- Add in the half and half and milk.
- Add in the melted butter, vanilla, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Add in 1 cup of the blueberry filling* and mix to cover well.
- Grease and pour into a 7" springform pan.
- Add 1 cup of water into the Instant Pot liner.
- Place the springform pan on a sling and lower into the Instant Pot.
- Set to MANUAL/PRESSURE COOK for 25 minutes.
- Perform a Quick Release (QR) and remove from pot.
- Head and add the remaining blueberry filling* to the top of the french toast and serve.
* You can substitute the blueberry pie filling by making a blueberry compote to add to this french toast. See the post for details!
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Instant Pot Mixed Berry Cheesecake
- Fried Blackberry Pies (Air Fryer Option)
- Honey Cinnamon Rolls (Proofed in the Instant Pot)
Dana is an experienced recipe creator who crafts easy and delicious recipes for all levels of home cooks.
Her recipes range from classic comfort foods to healthy and nutritious meals, and she is always on the lookout for new and exciting ways to bring flavor and variety to the table.