This Chicken Cobb Salad is loaded with veggies and toppings such as bacon, avocado, and crumbled feta cheese, making this salad a meal in itself.
Jammy eggs and sliced and juicy chicken breasts are served on top of a bed of romaine lettuce and served with a homemade raspberry vinaigrette.
Ingredients in Chicken Cobb Salad
The ingredients are simple for this salad and it’s up to you for which salad dressing you finish it off with!
- Chicken Breast – boneless skinless chicken breast cooked, rested, and sliced.
- Jammy Eggs – or eggs cooked however you like!
- Bacon – cooked and broken into pieces.
- Roma tomatoes – quartered and chopped
- Red onion- thinkly sliced
- Avocado – sliced into thin slices
- Feta cheese – or blue cheese
- Romaine lettuce – 1 head of romaine lettuce (or 4 cups) rinsed and dried
RELATED: Classic Dorito Taco Salad
How to Make Chicken Cobb Salad
Prepare the chicken: The first step is to prepare the chicken by heating a skillet over medium-high heat and drizzling it with olive oil.
Salt and pepper the chicken breasts and add the chicken into the pan and cook for 5-7 minutes on each side. Do not flip the chicken breast until at least 5 minutes.
The time for pan-frying your chicken breasts will depend on the thickness of your chicken. If you have large chicken breasts, slice them into the same thickness breasts by slicing lengthwise creating two pieces.
TIP: Use a meat thermometer to check the temperature of the chicken. It should be 165°F before consumption.
Prepare the eggs: Carefully add the eggs to a saucepan and add enough water to cover the eggs completely. Bring the water to a rapid boil, cover the saucepan with a lid, and remove the saucepan from the heat.
Allow the eggs to cook for 4-10 minutes depending on the desired firmness of your eggs.
- Soft boiled eggs – 4 minutes
- Jammy eggs – 6 minutes
- Almost solid centers – 8 minutes
- Hard boiled eggs – 10 minutes
Once the eggs are done cooking before adding them to your chicken cobb salad, fill a bowl with ice and cold water and add the cooked eggs.
Allow the eggs to cool for 10 minutes before peeling the shells and slicing them into halves and then in half again for serving in the chicken cobb salad.
TIP: Prepare the eggs and/or the chicken ahead of time to save time when you’re ready to serve your chicken cobb salad.
Instant Pot Eggs: If you have an Instant Pot, preparing your eggs in a pressure cooker is quick and easy. Add the eggs to the inside of the pot and add 1 cup of water. Close the lid and set the timer to 3 minutes or soft, 4 minutes to jammy, and 5 minutes to hard boiled eggs. Allow the pot to sit for 5 minutes before releasing pressure once the timer is up and proceed with the cool down method with the ice and water.
Cook the bacon: Prepare the bacon while cooking the eggs by adding the bacon to a skillet in a single layer. Heat the skillet to medium heat and cook the bacon for about 6 minutes per side for crispy bacon. Of course, this depends on the thickness of your bacon and how crispy you want it.
Add the bacon to a paper-lined plate and allow the slices to drain. Chop the bacon and set it aside to top off your chicken cobb salad.
Prepare the Veggies: Wash and chop the romaine lettuce. A salad spinner is a great way to release any additional water that is left in the romaine lettuce. Chop the Roma tomatoes into small pieces and thinly slice the red onion.
Prepare the avocado: A trick to keeping your avocados fresh is to dip the avocado slices into lemon juice to preserve their freshness.
Prepare the cheese: If using a block of feta cheese, crumble it into pieces for serving. Crumbled feta is a quicker and easier way to serve.
RELATED: Blackened Chicken and Bean Salsa
Homemade Raspberry Vinaigrette
Homemade raspberry vinaigrette is a tasty salad dressing to serve with this chicken cobb salad but ranch dressing, caesar dressing, or balsamic dressing.
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/4 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, breasts cut in half and pound to the same thickness
- 6 slices of bacon
- 4 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Roma tomato, chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced (dip in lemon juice to preserve color)
- 4 eggs, cooked, quartered
- 5 cups romaine lettuce (approx. 1 head), rinsed
- Serve with your favorite salad dressing.
- Add olive oil to a skillet and heat over medium-high heat.
- Salt and pepper the chicken breasts and add to the skillet.
- Cook for 6-8 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Allow the chicken to rest for 5 minutes and then slice.
- Cook the bacon slices in a single layer for 5-7 minutes on each side depending on the crispiness you want.
- Add the eggs to a saucepan and cover the eggs with water.
- Bring to a rapid boil, cover with a lid, and then remove from the heat.
- Allow the pot to sit for 6-10 minutes depending on how you want your eggs.
- Add ice and water to a bowl and submerge the cooked eggs into the ice water.
- Allow it to sit for 10 minutes before peeling and adding to the salad. Remove the peels and quarter the eggs.
- Create a bed of romaine lettuce on a platter.
- Top with the prepared veggies, bacon, chicken, avocado, and cheese.
- Serve immediately.
Save time and prepare the chicken, bacon, and/or eggs ahead of time.
Use a meat thermometer to ensure that the chicken reaches the internal temperature of 165°F.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 550Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 327mgSodium: 783mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 5gSugar: 4gProtein: 54g
Nutrition calculation is a rough estimate and can vary depending on the cooking technique and the exact ingredients used. For informational purposes only.