This Sheet Pan meal with Chicken drumsticks and fresh oven roasted potatoes and carrots. This dinner is easy, nutritious, and delicious!
Sheet pan meals are so easy to clean up and creates less mess and less dishes. Sheet pan meals are perfect for busy evenings without much time.
Sheet Pan Chicken Drumsticks Dinner
Dinner isn’t any easier when creating a sheet pan dinner. Dinner cooks all at once on one baking sheet and it makes minimal mess and cleanup! Not only that, but by preparing a sheet pan dinner, there’s a nice balance of meat and vegetables for your family to enjoy!
To make cleanup even easier for sheet pan meals, I always use parchment paper-lined baking sheets. The parchment paper peels away from the baking sheet and leaves little to no messes behind. It saves time scrubbing away any leftover oils or sauces.
RELATED: Sheet Pan Bourbon Pork Tenderloin
Oven Roasted Chicken Legs
Making chicken drumsticks in the oven is super simple and doesn’t require much work to make them flavorful and crispy.
In a large bowl, blend together the olive oil and seasonings and then toss the chicken legs into the bowl to coat well.
If you wish, you can marinate the legs for up to 24 hours for maximum flavor if you wish. Use a gallon-sized Ziploc bag to marinate.
Once the chicken is added to the sheet pan for roasting, drizzle the remaining olive oil mixture and discard the bag.
When placing the drumsticks onto the sheet pan, be sure to leave room for air to circulate around the meat. This will result in even cooking of the chicken legs.
Sheet Pan Vegetables
Roasted potatoes and carrots complete these meal and it’s all done at the same time! Olive oil and spices are added to a large bowl and then the quartered russet potatoes and baby carrots are then added.
The vegetables are tossed to coat well and then transferred to the pan with the chicken. Carefully place the vegetables around the chicken legs making sure not to overlap or crowd.
Remember, space for air to circulate is important when making successful sheet pan meals.
Ingredients in Sheet Pan Chicken & Vegetables
- Chicken Drumsticks
- Olive Oil
- Seasonings – Garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, pepper, and salt
- Brown Sugar
- Vegetables – russet potatoes, carrots, garlic
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Easy Skillet Lasagna
- 10 chicken drumsticks, fat trimmed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 lbs russet potatoes, scrubbed, quartered
- 2 cup baby carrots, washed, or sliced carrots
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375° and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Lightly grease the paper.
- In a large bowl, add the trimmed chicken drumsticks, olive oil, brown sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, paprika, and salt.
- Toss to coat the chicken and transfer the chicken to the baking sheet. Drizzle the remaining olive oil mixture onto the chicken.
- Scrub and quarter the potatoes and add to a large bowl.
- Either wash baby carrots or peel and cut carrots into 2-inch pieces. Add to bowl.
- Pour in the olive oil, minced garlic, paprika, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Transfer the roasted vegetables onto the baking sheet. Drizzle the remaining olive oil onto the vegetables.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes. The chicken should reach the internal temperature of 165° to be done.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 528Total Fat: 28.7gSaturated Fat: 5.8gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 150mgSodium: 1177mgCarbohydrates: 34.9gFiber: 5.1gSugar: 9.9gProtein: 31.4g