Instant Pot Chocolate Cheesecake is creamy and absolutely delicious.
Made with a cookie crust and topped with chocolate ganache. The recipe includes mini cheesecakes!
Creamy Chocolate Cheesecake
Making cheesecake in the Instant Pot is incredibly easy and the results taste amazing!
Semi-sweet chocolate chips are melted down and folded into the cheesecake filling before adding the eggs. It produces a creamy smooth texture and prevents overmixing by adding the eggs one at a time last.
It’s also important to use room temperature eggs, heavy cream, and cream cheese. To do this, sit these ingredients out on the counter for about 2 hours before making the cheesecake filling.
Mini Cheesecake Version
Cheesecakes can easily be made in the Instant Pot in a mini 4″ version. One cheesecake recipe easily makes (3) 4″ cheesecakes. You will need springform pans such as these to make the minis!
Whether you are making a 7″ cheesecake or the mini cheesecakes, the sides and bottoms of the pans will need to be greased. You can use parchment paper to line the bottom or sides but I find using a baking spray is much easier and it’s so easy to remove the cheesecakes from the pans after chilling.
I prefer to blind bake my crust as a way to reach crisp and crunchy crust results. Some people also place their cheesecake crust in the freezer before adding the filling but blind baking ensures great results every time.
When blind baking the chocolate crusts for the mini cheesecakes, they are only blind baked in the preheated oven for 6 minutes. Alternatively, using a 7″ cheesecake pan, the bake time goes up to 15 minutes.
RELATED: Instant Pot Strawberry Cheesecake
Instant Pot Chocolate Cheesecake Filling
To combine the ingredients, ensure that you are using the room temperature eggs, heavy cream, and cream cheese. If these ingredients are cold the ingredients will not blend together well and it will cause overmixing.
The first step is to melt the chocolate chips down and allow them to cool before adding them into the cheesecake filling mixture.
The semi-sweet chocolate chips are added just before the eggs are added one at a time. This prevents the eggs from being overbeaten.
Make sure not to overbeat the ingredient together, it will result in a fluffy top cheesecake. The best methods for making a cheesecake filling is to either use a food processor, a hand mixer, or the old-fashioned way, by hand.
- 16 oz cream cheese, room temp
- 2 eggs, room temp
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, room temp
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ tsp espresso powder, optional
Chocolate Cookie Crust
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- 15 chocolate sandwich cookies, finely crushed
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 325°*
- Combine finely crushed chocolate sandwich cookies and salt.
- Melt the 4 tbsp of butter and mix in the cookie mixture
- Spray the bottom and sides of the springform pan/s with baking spray.
- Press the cookie crust mixture into the bottom of the pan and use the back of a spoon to gently press it up on the sides.
- Bake the crust in the oven for 15 minutes.*
- Using a double boiler, melt the chocolate chips and set aside.
- Meanwhile, using a food processor, combine the room temperature cream cheese and heavy cream. Blend using short pulses.
- Add in the sugar, cornstarch, 2 tsp vanilla, and salt. Quick Pulses until just incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Fold in the melted chocolate chips.
- Add in the room temperature eggs and blend using short pulses until just combined. This part is critical!
- Pour into the greased springform pan/s and allow the filling to settle.
- Gently pick up the springform pan and "tap" it onto the counter to pop any air pockets that may be in the filling. Smooth out the top with a spatula.
- Pour 1 cup of water into the pot and put the trivet into place.
- Create a sling out of foil or use an Instant Pot silicone sling and place it in the Instant Pot.
- Gently place the cheesecake in the Instant Pot and close the lid.
- Set the pot to MANUAL and cook for 35 minutes.**
- Allow the Instant Pot to Natural Release for 18 minutes before removing the lid.
- Carefully remove the cheesecake from the Instant Pot. Use a paper towel to soak up any water that may be laying on top of the cheesecake.
- Allow the cheesecake to sit on the counter for 10 minutes before moving the cheesecake to chill in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Once cheesecake is chilled, it is safe to remove the cheesecake from the pan.
Chocolate Ganache Topping
- In a small saucepan, heat the heavy cream until bubbly. Don't overheat.
- Place chocolate chips in a bowl and pour the heated heavy cream over them.
- Allow the chocolate chips to melt some before stirring.
- Let the chocolate ganache to cool before pouring over chilled cheesecake.
*To prepare mini cheesecakes, prepare the crust as directed but divide into 3 separate springform pans. Bake at 325° for 6 minutes.
**Prepare the batter as directed but spoon the cheesecake filling equally between the 3 preared cheesecake crusts. Pressure cook for 11 minutes and allow a Natural Release for 18 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g