This post has been compensated by Inmar Intelligence and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MyMazolaMarinade.
A clinical study showed Mazola Corn Oil reduces cholesterol 2x more than extra virgin olive oil. To learn more about this claim, visit Mazola.com.
Marinated and honey glazed, these grilled chicken breasts are cooked to create a crispy texture on the outside and a juicy tender texture inside.
Honey-Glazed Chicken Marinade
When grilling with honey it's a good idea to always create a marinade with it instead of adding to directly to the chicken. The reason being, it will cause the chicken to grill way too fast leaving the chicken under cooked and burnt on the outside.
When grilling with honey, it's best to cook with a high smoke point oil, such as Mazola Corn Oil®. This oil has the smoke point of 450° making it the oil of choice for grilling, sauteeing, and also stir-frying.
Using Mazola Corn Oil in this marinade will give it a beautiful glaze, an even cook, and a beautifully juicy and glistening inside.
There's also another plus side to using Mazola Corn Oil in your marinade. Mazola Corn Oil is a heart-healthy* cooking oil and creates marinades that make great-tasting food because it has a neutral taste that lets the natural flavor of your food stand out.
The addition of apple cider vinegar, orange juice, and lemon juice tenderizes the chicken breasts furthermore, and the honey in the marinade helps lock all that wonderful flavor inside. Allowing the chicken to marinate for at least 30 minutes before grilling really locks in flavor.
I always reserve ¼ cup of the marinade before adding it to the chicken to use for basting.
Perfectly Grilled Chicken Breasts
Grilling chicken to perfection isn't all that difficult with a few quick and easy tips. To achieve beautiful grill marks and a juicy inside, lock in the flavors using these tips:
- Use Honey - Honey caramelizes and locks in flavor and moisture when cooking meats.
- Use Mazola Corn Oil - it has a high smoke point which makes it perfect to achieve beautifully grilled chicken.
- Pound the Chicken- Use a meat mallet to pound the chicken to a ½ inch thickness - this promotes even cooking.
- Sear the Chicken - Searing the chicken on one side before reducing the heat will allow the marinade to lock in the juices and give the outside of the chicken a nice crisp texture. It also gives the chicken beautiful grill marks.
- Baste - Basting keeps the chicken moist and prevents it from drying out while on the grill.
Grilled Peppers and Onions
Making sides on the grill alongside the main course not only saves time but it's certainly convenient! These sliced peppers and onions have a marinade of their own and it's quick and easy.
After slicing the peppers and onions, they're added to a sealable bag along with Mazola Corn Oil, salt, and pepper. It's then shaken up until ready to place on the grill.
The peppers and onions are marinated by adding them to a resealable bag along with Mazola Corn Oil, salt, and pepper. It's shaken to combine and coat the veggies and is set aside before grilling.
Grilled Chicken and Vegetables
Chicken and veggies can be grilled all at once and it's no hassle to do so!
When grilling these honey-glazed chicken breasts, set the grill to 400° and close the lid. Once it has reached the temperature, place the chicken onto the grill that has been greased. Leave the lid open for one minute to allow the chicken to sear. Close the lid and reduce the temperature to 350° and let the chicken cook for 6 minutes. When the six minutes are up, baste the chicken before flipping.
Repeat with the other side of the chicken including turning the heat back up to 400° to sear the chicken.
Before grilling the chicken breasts, add the sliced peppers and onions to the grill using the foil pack method. Allow the vegetables to grill as long as the chicken does, rotating while when flipping the chicken.
*see Mazola.com for more information on the relationship between corn oil and heart health
- ⅓ cup Mazola Corn Oil
- ½ cup orange juice
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon pepper
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts, ½ inch thick
- 2 lemons, sliced in half, for grilling
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 orange pepper, sliced
- 1 sweet onion, sliced
- ¼ cup of Mazola Corn Oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Combine the first 10 ingredients in a large sealable container. Stir well and reserve ¼ cup.
- Place the chicken into the container and coat well. Allow marinating for about 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Combine the sliced peppers and onions along with the Mazola corn oil, salt, and pepper into a resealable bag. Coat to combine and place in the refrigerator.
- Prepare the grill by greasing the racks with Mazola corn oil.
- Preheat the grill to 400°
- Create a foil packet and place the vegetables inside.
- Place the marinated chicken breasts onto the greased racks and allow the chicken to sear for 1 minute before closing the lid.
- Close the grill lid and reduce the temperature to 350°.
- Grill the chicken for 6 minutes. Don't open the lid. Don't peek!
- At the six minute mark, increase the temperature to 400°
- Open the lid, baste the chicken with half of the marinade and flip.
- Baste with the remaining marinade and allow the chicken to sear for 1 minute.
- Stir the vegetables and close the lid for the remaining 6 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the grill and check for an internal temperature of 165°.
- Allow the chicken to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 644Total Fat: 56.5gSaturated Fat: 8.2gUnsaturated Fat: 0gSodium: 2080mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 3.5gSugar: 31.2gProtein: 3.1g
Dana is an experienced recipe creator who crafts easy and delicious recipes for all levels of home cooks.
Her recipes range from classic comfort foods to healthy and nutritious meals, and she is always on the lookout for new and exciting ways to bring flavor and variety to the table.