Ham and Cheddar Pasta made with ham, onions, farfalle, cheddar cheese, and spices made in the pressure cooker.
Ham and Cheddar Pasta for Easter Brunch
When Easter starts approaching, my family gets excited to hear what I’ll be making for the occasion. I always try to plan simple things to make because I like to spend my Easter with family and not in the kitchen preparing meals.
RELATED: Instant Pot Honey Baked Ham
Easy Recipe for Leftover Ham
Sometimes I go a little overboard preparing an Easter brunch for my family and I end up with quite a bit leftover ham and other fixings. This Ham and Cheddar Pasta is perfect for either an Easter Brunch side or as a way to use any leftover ham the next day.
It’s such a simple recipe to it takes very little time from start to finish. Using pre-sliced ham makes this dish super simple (and delicious!) because it’s already sliced and all that is left is to dice it up into small bits. There are also only a few ingredients for this pasta and it takes less than 30 minutes to make.
Quick and Easy Side Dish
By using the pressure cooker, it makes this side dish really quick because it does all the work! The first step to making this is to saute the onions and garlic in butter.
Adding the uncooked pasta to the inner liner and topping it off with the chicken broth.
Releasing the pressure once it has cooked and then remove the lid. Perfectly cooked pasta!
Adding the sliced cheese, shredded cheese, and cooked ham and stirring. The last step is to add in the milk, salt, and pepper!
Kid-Friendly Easter Brunch
Pasta is always a great choice when entertaining, and this ham and cheddar pasta is always a hit when making it for mine. Kids love the cheesiness of the dish, and the onions are diced very small so that they don’t even know it’s included in the ingredients! Dicing the ham into small pieces adds delicious flavor to this pasta dish that kids love!
RELATED: Garlic & Cheese Crescent Rolls
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups ham, diced, cooked
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 lb farfalle pasta
- 8 oz sharp cheddar cheese, block, sliced
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Turn pressure cooker to SAUTE and add butter, diced onion, and garlic.
- Cook until onions are translucent (about 2 minutes)
- Press Cancel.
- Pour in a 1 lb box of farfalle pasta.
- Pour in a 32 oz carton of chicken broth.
- Place the lid back on the pressure cooker and press the PRESSURE COOK/MANUAL and set the timer for 5 minutes.
- After the 4 minutes, perform a quick release and remove the lid after the pin has dropped.
- Add the sliced sharp cheddar cheese, ham, Parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper.
- Set the pressure cooker back to Saute and stir to melt the cheese. Add in the 1/2 cup milk to make creamy and serve once all the cheese is melted and blended.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g