These Cherry Hand Pies are easy to make and use refrigerated pie crusts. The pie crusts are cut into heart shapes using a cookie cutter!
These Cherry Hand Pies are a great treat to make for your family or friends for Valentine’s Day or just to say, “I love you.”
Although they take very little time to make, they look as though they took a lot of work! My favorite thing about making them is that they’re just so easy!
Ingredients in Cherry Hand Pies
- refrigerated pie crusts, thawed
- cherry pie filling
- granulated sugar
- confectioners sugar
How to Make Cherry Hand Pies
Preheat the oven and prepare the baking sheet – Preheat oven to 425° Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Heat the cherry pie filling – Heat pot on low and mix cherry pie filling and 1/2 cup granulated sugar until blended and warm.
Unroll the pie crusts and cut the shapes- Roll out pie crusts and cut out 5 hearts per pie crust. (This is vary depending on the size of your cookie cutter. Roll out the remaining dough to make extra pies.
Make the egg wash – Using a fork whisk the egg in a small bowl and spread the egg wash over pie crusts.
Spoon the pie filling – Add a spoonful of cherry pie mixture on top of the pie crusts.
Top with a pie crust – Place pie crust on top of cherry filling and seal edges using fork.
Vent the pies – Cut slits in the top crust to let the pies vent.
Brush the tops of the pies with egg wash – Spread egg wash over the tops of the pies.
Bake – Bake for 14-16 minutes or until the tops of the pies are golden brown.
Dust with confectioners sugar – After removing from oven sprinkle desired amount of confectioners sugar.
Can I Use Other Pie Filling for the Hand Pies?
Yes, you can substitute the cherry filling for any flavor filling that you like. Warm up the filling and the granulated sugar just as the recipe directs and proceed to the next step.
Can Other Cookie Cutters Be Used to Cut the Hand Pies?
That’s another great thing about making hand pies, you can shape them and fill them any way you want. I vary the shape and flavor depending on the holiday, the berry in season, or depending on the flavor requested.
Check out my other variations of these hand pies:
- 1 package refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat pot on low and mix cherry pie filling and 1/2 cup granulated sugar until blended and warm.
- Roll out pie crusts and cut out 5 hearts per pie crust. (This is vary depending on size of your cookie cutter.
- Roll out remaining dough to make extra pies.
- Using fork whisk egg in small bowl and spread egg wash over pie crusts.
- Add a spoonful of cherry pie mixture on top of pie crusts.
- Place pie crust on top of cherry filling and seal edges using fork.
- Cut slits in top crust to let pies vent.
- Spread egg wash over tops of pies.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes or until tops of pies are a golden brown.
- After removing from oven sprinkle desired amount of confectioners sugar.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g