Mama’s Homemade Chili – The Perfect Comfort Food
Fall is my favorite time of year and with Fall comes delicious comfort foods! There is nothing like sitting down with the family at dinner time and having a heartwarming meal. This recipe for Mama’s Homemade Chili is sure to warm not only your hearts but also your bellies.
The best thing about this seasoning mix, other than the taste 😉 ) is that it doesn’t have any unnecessary ingredients unlike the packaged mixes. It’s also cheaper, too!
I use not only green peppers but red peppers in my chili to make it colorful.
Once it starts simmering it lets off an aroma that fills the whole house.
This chili tastes great with sour cream, cheese, or my husband’s favorite – peanut butter crackers!
Make sure to check out my other great recipes for other great ideas!
Homemade Chili Seasoning Mix
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/3 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
Ingredients for Chili
- 1 lb lean ground beef, drained
- 1 16 oz can dark red kidney beans, drained
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, we use the green pepper, celery, and onion variety
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- Make Homemade Chili Seasoning Mixture and set aside.
- Cook beef until no longer pink and drain.
- Add in diced peppers, tomatoes, and onions and stir.
- Mix in tomatoes and chili seasoning mix.
- Simmer on low for about an hour or until vegetables are the desired texture. Stir frequently to prevent sticking.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g